(last updated on January 1, 2014)
1. Types of Information We Collect
2. What We Do With the Information
3. Information Access & Opt-Out
4. Protecting Children
5. Cookies & Similar Technologies
6. Data Security
7. Links to Third Party Sites, Services or Products
Notice To California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:
Any request for a disclosure required under this law should be sent to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that under this law, we are not required to respond to a customer’s request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the email address designated above.
California residents may also learn how Univision responds to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. As the technology is evolving for recognizing and interpreting DNT signals, and no uniform standard has yet been set, Univision is not currently responding to DNT signals but remains open to following the technological standards once those are issued.
1. Types of Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII”) is any information that can identify or is linked to a specific individual, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number (including mobile number), email address, credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, and other financial account information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, demographic, location and household information, etc. To the extent you voluntarily provide your PII to us, we collect such information. For example, we may collect PII from you (to the extent permitted by law): (1) when you sign up for one of our products or services, such as when you join one of our online communities (including the social networking areas on Univision.com and our fan pages on third-party social media sites); (2) when you join one of our mailing or contact lists; (3) when you register to participate in an event sponsored by us (such as a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, promotion, survey, concert, festival, community fair, etc.); (4) when you enter into a transaction with us, such as ordering a product from us through our online store; (5) when you use or interact with a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network; (6) when you provide or share information using a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network; (7) when you send information via message, chat, blog, post or similar functionality using a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network; (8) when you create, share or link personal profile using a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network, including linking or associating your profile on a third-party site or platform with your Univision account; and/or (9) when you submit a request or inquiry to us via the Univision Interactive Network or otherwise (each of the foregoing is referred to hereinafter as an “Identification Activity”).
It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. However, if you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, we may ask you for certain PII. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some may be identified as optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity that requires it, you will not be able to engage in that activity. In addition, if you use the Univision Interactive Network to send information to another person (e.g., a friend, a family member, etc.), we will also collect PII of that other person to the extent disclosed by you. We also collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from, for example, and will only use it for that purpose.
Aggregate and Anonymous Information (hereinafter “AAI”) is any information that cannot identify or be linked to a specific individual. For example, we may collect anonymous group data (demographics, media habits, online browsing habits, interests and preferences, etc.) about viewers and listeners of our television and radio programs, participants of our sponsored events and activities, users and members of the Univision Interactive Network, etc. (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Audiences”). We also collect aggregate traffic data pertaining to the Univision Interactive Network, such as: total page views in a given time period; total impressions per ad; average amount of time that visitors spend on the Univision Interactive Network (or a part thereof) each time they visit; average amount of time that visitors spend on each page of any one or more parts of the Univision Interactive Network; percentage of visitors from a certain geographical area, etc. Moreover, we may combine “User Activity Information” (as described below) about you and other users of the Univision Interactive Network to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our users as a group. We also collect location-based information such as zip code, city and state name. In addition, we may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to “anonymize” or “de-personalize” your information.
2. What We Do With the Information
As a general matter, we use information (PII and AAI) collected from and/or about our Audiences to improve our products and services so that they are appealing to as many people as possible, to administer and maintain operations of the Univision Interactive Network, to offer, market and advertise products and services (including those from third parties outside Univision with whom we do business (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Business Partners”)) to our Audiences, to administer and manage transactions and relationships with our Audiences, to personalize user experiences for our Audiences, and to build a strong community for our Audiences.
2.1 Our Own Use of Information
2.1.2 Marketing & Advertising Purposes:
(1) Interest-based advertising on the Univision Interactive Network: We may use your PII and UAI to provide to you interest-based ads (i.e., ads potentially relevant or tailored to your interests) about products and services of Univision and/or our Business Partners. For example, we show ads inside and/or alongside the videos you watch on Univision.com. Sometimes, these ads are based on the topics or subject matters of the videos you are watching. However, to make these ads as relevant as possible for you, we may infer your viewing interests based on videos you have previously viewed on Univision.com, and may use this information to associate your browser with relevant interest categories and show you ads relevant to your inferred interests. For example, if your prior viewing habits on Univision.com suggest that you are a fan of a particular television show of Univision (e.g., if you often view video clips from that show on Univision.com), you may see more ads related to that show while on Univision.com. As another example, if you frequently view sports-related videos on Univision.com, we may associate a sports interest category with your browser and show you more sports-related ads when you are on Univision.com.
(2) Email marketing: If you provide your email address or mailing address to us (such as by joining one of our mailing lists), we may use such address to send you product and service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our email marketing.
(3) Telemarketing: If you provide your telephone or mobile number to us, we may call you to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our telemarketing.
(4) Mobile marketing: Subject to your prior opt-in consent, we may (i) send marketing and advertising messages via SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), etc., to your mobile device and/or (ii) send marketing and advertising emails to your wireless email account (e.g., XYZ@att.mobile.net), to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our mobile marketing (that is, if you wish to opt out of our further use of your information for mobile marketing after you have previously consented to such use).
NOTE: The Federal Communications Commission has published a list of domain names used by wireless service providers to transmit emails to wireless devices here. Wireless service providers must add new domain names to this list within 30 days of activating them. If your email address contains a domain name on this list (after the “@” symbol), then we will treat your email address as a wireless email address. However, the mere fact that you can retrieve emails from your regular Internet email accounton your mobile/wireless device, does not make your Internet email address a “wireless” email address.
2.1.3. Market Research Purposes: We may use AAI (including UAI and AAI derived from PII) to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves as well as for our Business Partners.
2.2 Disclosure to Third Parties Outside Univision
2.2.1 Disclosure to our Business Partners: We may disclose, sell, and otherwise provide PII, AAI and/or UAI to our Business Partners so that they may market and advertise their products and services (including, without limitation, retail stores, finance, real estate, insurance, travel, automotive, telecommunications, technology, electronics, health, beauty, food, beverage, sports, leisure and entertainment goods and services.) directly to our Audiences. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of such information sharing.
Please note, however, that we do not knowingly disclose or sell any of the following (if and to the extent collected by us) to our Business Partners for their separate marketing and advertising purposes (except with your prior opt-in consent): credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, and other financial account information; Social Security numbers, or other government-issued identifiers; personal health and medical information; information about personal sexual behavior or orientation; information pertaining to children under the age of 13 at the time of collection; and information indicating the precise real-time geographic location of an individual derived through location-based services such as through GPS-enabled devices (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sensitive Information”).
In addition, from time to time, we may co-sponsor events and/or product/service offerings with third parties. If you participate in such co-sponsored events or offerings, any PII and UAI we collect from you based on your participation may be shared with our co-sponsors who may use such information for their own marketing and advertising purposes. YOU MUST CONTACT OUR CO-SPONSORS DIRECTLY IN ORDER TO OPT OUT OF THEIR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
2.2.2 Disclosure to our Service Providers: We may disclose PII and UAI to our outside vendors and contractors who need to access such information in order to perform services (including, without limitation, transaction/payment processing, order fulfillment, contest/sweepstakes administration and prize fulfillment, data research and analysis, data collection and processing, data storage, data security, hosting and technical support for the Univision Interactive Network, and marketing and advertising support) for us (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Service Providers”). Generally, we require that our Service Providers use your information shared by us solely for the purposes of performing services for us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information and not further disclose the information to others.
3. Information Access & Opt -Out
3.1 Information Access
If you have an active user account on the Univision Interactive Network, you may access and update your user account information and preferences at any time (subject to the scheduled maintenance of the Univision Interactive Network), by logging into your account and clicking on “My Account” and then changing your preference.
If you do not have an active account on the Site, or if you have provided your information to us offline, you may request to access, delete, update and correct your information as stored by us, by sending your request to us at Univision Communications Inc., 605 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, New York 10158. Attention: Update My Information. Your request will be processed as soon as possible.
Please note that users can not update or delete previously submitted information on our corporate site: http://corporate.univision.com/media-brands/univision-network/. If your information (such as your email address) should change, we ask that you re-submit a registration form or request.
You can opt out of all our marketing uses (including email marketing, mobile email marketing, mobile message marketing, and telemarketing) of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) as well as our sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) with our Business Partners for their marketing uses by sending your request via postal mail at Univision Communications Inc., 605 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, New York 10158. Attention: Remove From Email List.
We will endeavor to honor your request no later than 10 days after receipt (or within such applicable time period as required by law). To ensure timely processing of your request, please expressly state in your email that you wish to opt out of all further uses and sharing by Univision of your personal information for marketing purposes. Your opt out election, once processed by us, will stop, on a going-forward basis, all further marketing uses and sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) by Univision.
In addition, with respect to certain marketing uses of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable), you may exercise your opt-out choice through the following alternative methods:
• Our email / mobile email marketing (i.e., sending marketing emails (including our newsletters) to your Internet email account or your mobile email account):
• Use the opt-out means (e.g., an “unsubscribe” link) provided in a marketing email that you have previously received from us.
• Our mobile message marketing (i.e., sending marketing messages via SMS, MMS, etc. to your mobile phone after you have opted in to receive such messages):
• Reply STOP to a marketing message you have received; OR
• Text STOP to the short code used for the messaging program from which you wish to opt out (if you have enrolled in multiple messaging programs on the same short code and wish to opt out from all those programs, text STOP ALL to the short code).
• Our telemarketing (i.e., making marketing calls to your telephone or mobile phone number):
• Register your telephone or mobile number with the national Do-Not-Call list either online at www.donotcall.gov, or by calling the toll-free number 1-888-382-1222 from the phone number you wish to register (please note that, once you register your phone number on the national Do-Not-Call list, we are required by law to stop telemarketing calls to your number no later than 31 days from the date you register).
HOWEVER, please note the following:
• Your opt-out will NOT stop continued marketing and advertising uses of your information by those of our Business Partners with whom we have already shared your information prior to your opt-out. To opt out of their further use of your information, you must contact them directly (or use the opt-out means provided by them). Also, if you participate in an event or a product/service offering that is co-sponsored by us with one or more third parties, you must contact our co-sponsor(s) directly in order to opt out of their use of your information for marketing and advertising purposes.
We will retain your PII for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. AAI and UAI (if not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
4. Protecting Children
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. All products and services of the Univision Interactive Network are intended for general audiences and are NOT directed to children. We do not knowingly permit children under age 13 to register on the Univision Interactive Network for any product or Service. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information about Users under age 13.
Children under age 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any Personally Identifiable Information to anyone online or through mobile devices. If you are a parent or legal guardian, we urge you to participate in your child’s online and mobile activities and to use parental control or other Internet and/or mobile filtering technology to supervise your child’s access to the Internet.
5. Cookies & Similar Technologies
In addition, we may use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,” etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect UAI about your activities on the Univision Interactive Network. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to our Audiences, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our Audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
5.2 Third Party Functionalities
The Univision Interactive Network contains links to and/or enables certain third-party functionalities to enhance your experience, including, without limitation, social plug-ins, tools and APIs. Prior to using any third-party functionality (e.g., Facebook “Like” button)on the Univision Interactive Network, you should consult the privacy notices of the third-party providers of such functionalities (e.g., Facebook), as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, such third parties, or how they may use the information. The privacy policies and data practices of such third parties may significantly differ from ours, and we make no representation or warranty whatsoever about their policies and practices. Your communications and interactions with such third parties are solely between you and them, and are at your own risk.
5.3 DoubleClick’s DART Cookie and Online Tracking and Advertising
You may also choose not to receive interest-based advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by clicking here. We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
If you wish to disable cookies selectively or entirely (see Section 5.4 below about Flash cookies or similar technologies), you may do so through your individual browser options or using special software. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective web sites. Alternatively you can use the guide here.
More information on the DoubleClick DART cookie which is used by Google in the ads served on publisher websites displaying AdSense for content ads can be found here.
5.4 Flash Cookies
From time to time, we may or Third Party Advertisers may, use Flash cookies or similar technology to save your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Univision Interactive Network to personalize your experience. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here and here. You should know that Flash cookies cannot be rejected, disabled, turned off, opted out, or deleted in the same way as regular cookies such as HTML cookies. Flash cookies may remain on your computer or mobile device even after you have rejected, disabled, opted out, or deleted regular cookies.
If you disable Flash cookies, you will not have full access to all products and services of the Univision Interactive Network, and some of our products and services may not function properly.
6. Data Security
Protecting the security of your Personally Identifiable Information that you share with us is of the utmost importance to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet or any mobile or wireless network and no data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from or within the Univision Interactive Network, and you do so at your own risk. By providing your email address to us (whether on the Univision Interactive Network or otherwise), you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you by email in the event of a breach of security involving your Personally Identifiable Information.
We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or an Internet cafe.
7. Links to Third Party Sites, Services or Products
“Nuestra Belleza Latina” (NBL) Fan Loyalty & Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
Effective: March 20, 2013
Welcome to the NBL fan loyalty and rewards program (the “Program”) operated by Univision Interactive Media, Inc. (“UIM” or “we”) in partnership with BigDoor, Inc., where Members (as defined below) can accumulate and redeem loyalty rewards points on an individual basis and solely for their own account.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not join the Program. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to update or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make changes to these Terms and Conditions, we will inform you by posting a notice on the main and/or log-in page of the Program. We may also notify you of the changes via email and/or may ask you to affirmatively consent to and accept the changes at the time of your next account login to the Program. By continuing to participate in the Program after such notice and/or consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as modified.
1. Eligibility. The Program is open to all legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico and its other territories and possessions) who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence at the time of joining the Program. However, employees and agents of UIM and its corporate affiliates, BigDoor, Inc., and other parties directly involved in the operation of the Program (collectively “UIM and Related Program Parties”), together with their immediate family members and members living in the same households, are NOT eligible to participate in the Program. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Program is not available and is void where prohibited by any such applicable law or regulation.
We reserve the right, in addition to seeking any and all remedies available under the law, to terminate a Member’s account and/or invalidate a Member’s Points, if we determine, in our sole judgment, that such Member is ineligible to participate in the Program, or has committed fraud or misrepresentation in connection with Program registration, or has engaged in misuse or abuse of the Program, or is otherwise in breach or violation of these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law or regulation.
2. How to Join. To join the Program, simply go to www.nuestrabellezlatina.com (the “NBL Site”) and register by providing a valid email address, first and last name, a phone number, and username and password (collectively, “Member Account Information”). If you have an existing account on Univision.com, you will need to provide your first and last name and a phone number when signing up with the Program on the NBL Site. Alternatively, if you participate in a prize promotion (e.g., a sweepstakes) offered on the NBL Site, you will automatically be enrolled into the Program when you register to enter such a prize promotion.
No purchase or payment of any fee is required to join the Program. LIMITED TO ONE MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT PER PERSON. Multiple registrations by the same person or using the same email address are deemed null and void.
By joining the Program, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are a legal resident of the United States and have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction of your residence at the time of your registration, and you are neither an employee or agent of, nor a member of the immediate family or household of an employee or agent of, any of UIM and Related Program Parties; (ii) all Member Account Information you submit to us is your own information and is truthful, current and accurate; and (iii) your participation in the Program does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
3. Earning and Redeeming Points. 3.1 Points. Upon joining the Program, a registered member (“Member” or “you”) can earn loyalty rewards points (“Points”) by engaging in activities specified by UIM – for example: by watching NBL-related videos, by sharing NBL-related content with others, by participating in social media activities associated with NBL, by signing up for a promotion associated with NBL, by inviting a friend or family member to join the Program, etc.). The number of Points that can be earned may vary from activity to activity. UIM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify this list and the associated rules, to establish additional means of earning Points, to delete any or all means to earn Points, to limit the number to times Members may earn Points for engaging in a specific activity or during a specific time period, to offer Points earning opportunities to select groups of Members, and to exclude specific types of activities for which Points may be earned. Activities occurring prior to registration are not eligible for Points.
3.2 Rewards. Points earned by Members are redeemable for rewards as made available by UIM and Related Program Parties, which may include merchandise, discounts, sweepstakes entries, and other reward items (collectively, “Rewards”). The nature and form of Rewards and their availability as well as the number of Points required to redeem Rewards, are to be determined by UIM in its sole discretion. Rewards may differ based on the following Points levels:
Bronze: 1 – 1,000 Points Silver: 1,001 – 5,000 Points Gold: 5,001 – 10,000 Points Platinum: 10,001 – 50,000 Points Diamond: 50,0001 – 100,000 Points
3.3 How to Redeem. To redeem Points for Rewards, simply go to the “Redeem” page of your account and follow the instructions.
3.4 Member Acknowledgment/Consent. By participating in the Program, each Member expressly acknowledges and agrees as follows:
• We may modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Program, in whole or in part, at any time in our sole discretion, without any liability or further obligation to any Member.
• Points have no real world or cash value.
• Members have no ownership interest in accrued Points and Points do not constitute the property of Members.
• Points have no purpose or use except in exchange for Rewards offered via the Program. Points are only usable within the Program and cannot be combined with points or rewards in any other loyalty or reward programs, offers or other promotions offered by UIM or any third party.
• Points may expire and become non-redeemable after a specified time period.
• The number of Points that can be earned may vary from activity to activity.
• A minimum number of Points may be required to redeem any Reward.
• Rewards may be time-limited and/or limited in quantity, and may differ based on Points level and/or location.
• All Point redemptions are FINAL and cannot be returned or exchanged.
• Rewards are NOT refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable or transferable for cash, credit, or points under any circumstances.
• Points are NOT transferable by Members (whether to other Members or to non-Members).
• Members may NOT sell, trade or otherwise monetize Points or Rewards (whether tangible or virtual) obtained in connection with the Program. Should a Member violate the foregoing, UIM reserves the right to immediately terminate a Member’s account and/or invalidate a Member’s Points in addition to seeking any and all remedies available under the law.
• Upon termination of a Member’s account for any reason, all accumulated, unredeemed Points of such Member are deemed lost, regardless of how they were acquired by such Member.
• Upon cancellation or termination of the Program for any reason, all accumulated, unredeemed Points of all Members are deemed lost and are not redeemable for any good, service, or any other value, monetary or otherwise.
• UIM’s ability to accurately credit Points to a Member’s account based on such Member’s activities on third-party platforms (such as third-party social media websites) may be restricted by the terms, conditions or functions of such third-party platforms.
• Points are not valid unless earned in strict compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Gaming, fraud, misuse or abuse relating to the earning of Points will result in forfeiture of Points and termination of a Member’s account.
• Members may NOT attempt to earn Points by using any script, bot or other automated means.
• UIM’s good-faith determination of the number of Points available to any Member in the Program will be final and binding.
• Members are solely responsible for any and all taxes that may result from their receipt, use or consumption of Rewards.
• There may be a delay before Points appear in a Member’s account after an activity has been completed.
• Any text messaging in connection with the Program will be charged in accordance with a Member’s carrier’s standard message and data rates. Members should contact their carriers for pricing and details. Text messaging capability may not be available through all wireless carriers.
• Use of any gift card or certificate is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the issuer of such gift card or certificate.
• Participation in sweepstakes, contests, and other prize promotions related to the Program are subject to their respective Official Rules.
• Additional terms and conditions may apply for a particular Reward.
4. Cancellation of Membership. To cancel your membership in the Program, simply go to the “Cancel” page of your account and follow the instructions. NOTE: Upon cancellation of your membership, you will lose all accumulated, unredeemed Points. All cancellations are final and cannot be reversed.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING ALL POINTS AND REWARDS IN THE PROGRAM (COLLECTIVELY, “PROGRAM ELEMENTS”), AND ALL WEBSITES, WEB PAGES, SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, USER INTERFACES, TEXT, PHOTOS, IMAGES, GRAPHICS, DESIGNS, AUDIOS, VIDEOS, MUSIC, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, LOGOS, SYMBOLS, ICONS, LINKS, LISTINGS, DIRECTORIES, AND OTHER CONTENT AND MATERIAL ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROGRAM (COLLECTIVELY, “PROGRAM MATERIALS”), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, UIM AND RELATED PROGRAM PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM, ALL PROGRAM ELEMENTS AND ALL PROGRAM MATERIALS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, UIM AND RELATED PROGRAM PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE PROGRAM OR ANY PROGRAM ELEMENTS OR ANY PROGRAM MATERIALS WILL BE ERROR-FREE, ACCURATE, CURRENT, COMPLETE, USEFUL OR RELIABLE, OR WILL BE SAFE, SECURE OR FREE AND CLEAR OF VIRUS, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL UIM AND RELATED PROGRAM PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS GOODWILL OR OPPORTUNITY) ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM OR ANY PROGRAM ELEMENTS OR ANY PROGRAM MATERIALS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT ANY OF UIM AND RELATED PROGRAM PARTIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Release and Indemnity. By participating in the Program, you expressly agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless UIM and Related Program Parties and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents representatives from and against any and all actual and potential, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected claims, demands, actions, causes of action, liabilities, losses and damages arising from or in connection with your participation in the Program, your earning, use or redemption of any Points, your receipt, use or consumption of any Rewards, and/or your breach or violation of any of these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law or regulation.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute arising between you and us concerning the Program or these Terms and Conditions shall be decided exclusively by state and federal courts located in the County of Los Angeles, State of California, U.S.A.
10. Miscellaneous. 10.1 Account Security. You are solely responsible for safeguarding your membership account access information (including username and password). If you share your account with others, you are responsible for all activities on your account by those with whom you share the account. You should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any unauthorized or suspicious activity on your account.
10.2 Limited Grant of Rights. All rights, title and interest (including all copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property and proprietary rights) in and to the Program, all Program Elements and all Program Materials, as well as all derivative works thereof, belong solely and exclusively to UIM and Related Program Parties. Subject to all other provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions, UIM and Related Program Parties hereby grant you a limited, conditional, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-sublicensable license to access the Program, Program Elements and Program Materials for your own personal and non-commercial use within the United States of America only. A breach or violation of the foregoing will result in forfeiture of Points and termination of a Member’s account.
10.3 Severability and Non-Waiver. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, all of which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or a waiver of any other provision, and our failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
11. Contact Us. Any questions about the Program should be directed to:
511 Boren Ave N.
AT&T Nuestra Belleza Latina Sweepstakes Official Rules
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE THE U.S. AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INCLUDING WASHINGTON DC, AND PUERTO RICO BUT EXCLUDING OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. The AT&T NBL El Juego de la Corona Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on March 31, 2013 at 12:01am Eastern Time (ET) and ends on May 12, 2013 at 11:59pm ET (the “Promotion Period”). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is The Concept Studio (“Administrator”). The Sponsors of this Sweepstakes are AT&T Mobility LLC, on behalf of itself and its affiliates, (“AT&T”) 1025 Lenox Park Blvd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30319 and Univision Interactive Media, Inc., (“Univision”) 8200 NW 52nd Terrace, Second Floor, Miami, FL 33166 (collectively “Sponsors”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: Navigate the internet to www.nuestrabellezalatina.com/juego to register for the Sweepstakes by entering your name, email, phone and create a user name and password. Once registered, follow instructions to play the online El Juego de la Corona Game (“Game”) by answering three (3) questions posed to you regarding the Nuestra Belleza Latina (“NBL”) show to earn points. Entrant points will accrue each week you play the game. All entries must be received by 11:59pm ET on May 12, 2013, when the Sweepstakes ends. Univision’s computer is official time and point keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All entries submitted become the property of Univision and will not be acknowledged or returned. You must provide all information requested. Incomplete, unreadable, inappropriate or unintelligible submissions will be disqualified. Limit one game play per person, per email, per week. Once submitted, entrants cannot attempt additional answers which cannot be changed. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc., (“Facebook”). You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsors (as defined above) and/or Administrator (as defined below) and not to Facebook.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States including District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are 18 years of age or older (19 in Nebraska and Alabama and 21 in Mississippi and Puerto Rico). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsors, Administrator, Facebook, Inc. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates and anyone involved in the production, development or administration of this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family members and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION: On or about May 13, 2013, the entrant with the highest total points for the entire promotion period will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner by the Administrator, whose decisions are final on all aspects of the Sweepstakes. In the event of a tie, winner will be randomly selected from all entries with the highest score.
5. VALIDATION: Winner, along with his/her submission, is subject to validation by the judges, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Winner will be notified by email or telephone promptly after selection. If a potential winner cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts, an alternate will be selected. Winner may be required to sign and return, when requested, an affidavit of eligibility and a prize/publicity release. Winner must also provide an assignment of ownership and/or rights in the submission. Failure to return any documents in the time requested will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. By taking part in this Sweepstakes you agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the judges and Sponsor which are final and binding on all aspects of the Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize, which will consist of a trip for two (2) to Miami, Florida (“Miami”) to participate in the NBL Event for a chance to win up to $15,000 (the “Event”). The Grand Prize winner will make a random selection at the Event out of 5 options and will win no less than $5,000.00 and up to $15,000.00.
Prize includes: Round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) between airport/hotel and hotel/Event in Miami; 2-nights hotel accommodations (one double occupancy standard room); two (2) tickets to the 2013 NBL Finale show, which will take place on or about May 19, 2013; and the opportunity to participate for a chance to win up to $15,000. The airport, hotel and transportation will be decided at AT&T’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner will also receive the AT&T Device used at the Event. The actual retail value of the grand prize may vary depending on travel dates, winner’s place of departure, and the amount won at the random selection prize drawing. Maximum approximate Retail Value: $18,000.00.
If the Winner’s residence is located within 100 miles or less of Miami, Florida (as determined by AT&T), he/she will not be eligible for air travel, which will be substituted by adequate ground transportation. There will not be additional compensation. Winner and guest must coordinate travel arrangements with AT&T. Travel to and from the departure airport, meals, room service, laundry service, gratuities, beverages, personal purchases including souvenirs, telephone calls and any other miscellaneous expenses not specifically listed herein are the sole responsibility of the winner and travel guest. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Guest must be 18 years of age or older to attend taping. If guest is considered a minor, guest must travel with parent/legal guardian as winner. Additional restrictions may apply.
The winner may not substitute the Grand Prize for its cash equivalent. Grand Prize may not be combined with any other offer. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades or frequent flyer mileage accrual. AT&T reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prize components with any article or service of similar or greater value at their sole discretion. Grand Prize may not be assigned or transferred by winner.
Winner must supply Administrator with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize. The value of each Prize is taxable to each Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by Winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize you may be awarded, you agree that the Sweepstakes Parties, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents, successors, representatives and assigns shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third party claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes, including entry and participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree to fully indemnify each of the Sweepstakes Parties from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. Entrants authorize the Sweepstakes Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsors are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsors’ discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Sweepstakes Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or submissions, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any electronic device resulting from participating in, or accessing, uploading or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsors may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTES CONCERNING THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE RESOLVED IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS OF TEXAS, WHICH HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION. THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, EXCLUDING ITS CHOICE OF LAWS, SHALL GOVERN ANY DISPUTE.
By entering, you (a) grant permission to Sponsors and their agents and agencies the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify your submission in any way, in any and all media worldwide, without limitation; (b) irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsors all right, title and interest in your submission, including without limitation, all copyrights, without further consideration; (c) agree that Sponsors may publish your name and submission on Sponsors’ website or in such other media or formats as Sponsors may elect without further compensation; and (d) agree to confirm any of the above in writing. In addition, by accepting prize, winner agrees to post photos and posts (pre-approved by Sponsors) on websites approved by Sponsors.
8. SPONSOR: AT&T Mobility LLC, on behalf of itself and its affiliates, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30319.
9. ADMINISTRATOR: The Concept Studio, 165 Kings Hwy North, Westport, CT 06880.
For Name of Winner, send a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: AT&T NBL 2013 Winner, 606 Post Road East #693, Westport, CT 06880. All requests for the name of the Winners must be made by June 30, 2013. Residents of Vermont are not required to provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope with their request.